Magician's Workbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for people that are working on the Magician's Workbook by Donald Tyson

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My difficulties and one improvement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FraterHawk
Admin
FraterHawk

My difficulties and one improvement Empty
PostSubject: My difficulties and one improvement   My difficulties and one improvement I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:46 pm

I have found that my attention slips from the tip of the minute hand toward the widest part of the minute hand. It doesn't move off to other things completely, but just enough to make sure I am 'not doing it'. I had the realization that this is a problem in other areas of life as well. It is the idea that something is 'good enough.' The problem is that 'good enough' means that you didn't actually do what you intended to do but are will to accept 'this other thing' in its place.

I have found that I invent games to try and keep my attention focused. A lot of the games are not even conscious, it is only after inspection that I even realize it was a game, and I wasn't doing it. The primary thing was I would find myself counting, maybe saying the number the second hand is on, or the just counting upwards.

Today was the first time I did the exercise for 10 minutes. I found I was actually more successful with the longer time. Having more time, let me grow as bored with the games I invented as with the original activity itself, so I was able to break through it, and just do it.
Back to top Go down
https://magicianswork.forumotion.com
conscious

My difficulties and one improvement Empty
PostSubject: Time Watching   My difficulties and one improvement I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:35 am

I thought this was going to be easier than it was. My main experience with this was that my field of vision seemed to blur and phase out, when focusing my attention (?) I was also concerned that I couldn't perceive the minute hand moving.
Back to top Go down

My difficulties and one improvement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magician's Workbook :: Sitting Exercises :: 14: Outward Concentration I: Time Watching-
Jump to: