Magician's Workbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for people that are working on the Magician's Workbook by Donald Tyson

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The original

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FraterHawk
Admin
FraterHawk

The original Empty
PostSubject: The original   The original I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:58 pm

I had a look at the original version of this exercise in Liber III. It is written in a very different way, and there is one word that was KEY, for me, 'SWORN.' I didn't take this exercise as an oath. An oath has a deeper meaning to me than an exercise, and I feel that if I do it with this in mind I will be more likely to actually complete it successfully. For now I have to be honest, and say, I was miserable, and after the first 3 days this, nearly, dropped out all together. pale I mentally noted the use of the words, but didn't physically note it in my book. I am truly humbled by this exercise. I will have to practice it more, and this time, I will take an oath, and 'SWEAR' not to use the words.
Back to top Go down
https://magicianswork.forumotion.com
paganch1ck

The original Empty
PostSubject: First Week was a Flop   The original I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:50 am

When I first read what the exercise for week one was going to be I immediately thought wow, this is going to be harder than I thought, and boy was I right. I found myself almost unable to go through my day without saying "I, Me, Mine". I think this was partially due to the fact that I am currently taking a college course which requires alot of writing and discussions. This made it nearly impossible for me to make cohesive sentences without those three words. I am definitely going to have to say that the first try was a definite failure. However, I plan on trying it again starting tomorrow and hope that this week may be a bit easier than the past. This exercise didn't make sense to me in the beginning but then I realized that it was all about control and letting go of the ego and constantly making conversation about oneself. This is definitely going to be an interesting journey, from what I can tell so far and I look forward to sharing it with you all. It would be great to hear everyone else's stories and how they did with this first exercise.
Back to top Go down

The original
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magician's Workbook :: Life Exercises :: 1: Self Awareness I: Ego Denial-
Jump to: